Sunday, June 20, 2010


Fathers


I had planned a Fathers Day post for a while and had considered many ways to approach the subject. I even began writing a few days ago in anticipation. If you know me, you know I talk, and if you've seen my writing, you know it's too wordy. I awoke this morning to find a post on Facebook by my friend David Walker that beautifully summed up in one sentence what I was going to say in many paragraphs. So David, I've stolen your post. Thank You.


To all the fathers who were there for their children, and to all the uncles and cousins and brothers and grandfathers who stand in for the fathers who aren't there, and especially to all the mothers and sisters and aunts and grandmothers who pick up the slack, this day is for you. - David Walker




No comments:

Post a Comment